5 VIDEO MARKETING TIPS FOR BUSINESS
Video is HOT!
But don’t take my word for it.
- In one study, when both video and text are available on the same page, 72% of respondents said they would rather use video to learn about a product or service.
- Videos are appearing in more and more Google search results (most of them are from YouTube — so host your videos there).
- Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80%!
And that’s just scratching the surface.
Are you ready to leverage video marketing to sell more products?
In this article, you’ll learn why using video marketing for your business is so important and how to use it to increase your sales.
Let’s dive in!
Want to share the image above? Copy & paste the embed code below to attribute to Vid Biz Marketing.
1. Know your audience - your customers & clients
The key to any successful business is sales – and for this, you need to know your audience whether you call them customers, clients etc.
Getting sales with video marketing is no different.
This is where local business shines!
Local business KNOW their customers – they talk to them all day, see in them in their stores, answer their questions and queries.
THIS IS GOLD
Use this information as part of your marketing - create a quick simple video and answer all those never ending questions.
If you don’t want to be on camera, use text and voice over.
One of our clients has a great little video explaining how to paint a caravan roof.
We call this a “how to” video.
2. Tell a Story
Good videos have some sort of story behind them - yes even a business video!
You need to engage and create interest.
Weave a story around your business, or your products and services
Try telling a story using the following tips:
- Open with a hook — something that captures attention, such as a promise of what they’ll get from watching the video.
- Have a hero and a villain. It could be your own business story or something you know your customers struggle with.
- And then make your service or product the hero that solves all problems.
- Show how your product helps the hero beat their problem in some way.
- And the show life after the hero, your product or service, wins.
- A life of being debt or pain-free, or whatever your identified “villain” is.
3. Keep It Short (30-90 seconds)
People's attention spans are dwindling.
We’ve even been compared to goldfish for crying out loud!
To accommodate this, keep your video in the 30-90 second range.
If you do need to make it longer, be sure to cut away anything not needed, and keep it very interesting.
A quick short video can still use humor, interesting facts, as well as enthusiasm.
Even think of changing the angle of your camera/ smart phone for interest.
4. Show your Business, your Product/s or Services
This is kind of a no-brainer, but these are great videos.
Customers love them.
People are essential sticky beaks – behind the scene of your business is always a winner.
Show your product in use. Show your services in action.
If you can, show multiple uses and multiple products.
Create stacks of videos showcasing your products and services individually.
This makes for an enormous stock of marketing videos to use over months.
5. Focus on Audio and Lighting
Current Smart phones take awesome videos – it’s all you need.
Even the professional videographers, say that your smart phone is more than adequate for photos and videos.
If nothing else, invest in a good microphone and (if you’re shooting indoors) some good lights.
While the visual quality of smartphone cameras is pretty damn good these days, the audio still sucks.
Also, lighting is the big difference maker between poor quality and great quality.
A simple lavalier mic for less than $20 goes a long way to improve the audio of your smartphone.
For lighting, here’s my setup that cost around $60:
Two photography light stands (or three if you want to kill the shadow behind you).
And you might need some extension cords to plug them in.
Now You Know Why You Need Video Marketing
Video marketing has the potential to massively increase your business (as much as 80% according to some studies!) and help your brand go viral.
Videos share a story and connect you with your customers on a deeper, more emotional level.
Want to start making videos now?
Check out our awesome introductory offer for your business video.
And Start Making Videos!